If you like to keep busy and moving, helpful person by nature with an eye to making things look sharp and willing to assist when an extra set of hands is needed or when something heavy might need to be lifted or moved by a room attendant or guest, then The Algonquin Resort-Marriott Autograph Collection in Saint Andrews, NB wants you to passionately work as House Person Or Housekeeping where a team of friendly hard working room attendants and House Persons provide each guest with a piece of “home”.
In the role of Houseperson you will:
- Focus on Details such as walking the halls assigned to you on each shift to ensure clean and tidy public areas, caring for elevators, vending areas, guestroom landings, etc.
- Must report anything in need of repair or missing.
- Be Organized by ensuring any assigned areas are kept stocked, clean and crisp.
- Be a Team Player by assisting coworkers to pitch as required including doing some heavy liftings.
- Be a Housekeeping Ambassador by maintaining a warm smile and greeting with all the guests you encounter.
- Be Safety conscious & Security Agent by adhering to your hotel’s established safety and security policies & procedures.
- Foresight problems and call management as required.
To be a successful House Person Or Housekeeping, your job requires you to:
- Have basic English communication skills, and prior housekeeping experience will be helpful.
- You will need to safely handle such types of equipment like carpet cleaner, a vacuum, floor buffer, etc. as well as the chemicals used in cleaning the hotel.
- Heavy work demand like exerting up to 100 pounds of force periodically, or 50 pounds of force frequently and about 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- In this role, you must be able to stand for long hours and to work under various levels of temperatures and noise.
Job Type: Contract
If you have the capability this job requires, you are welcome to forward your application immediately through https://ca.indeed.com/